After years of professional development in the health and wellness field, I am proud to announce I have completed my certification through the world renowned Mayo Clinic. Visit my blog here Healing Consortium for a wellness discussion. I love the fact that much of this type of coaching is often done over the phone (telephonically) which fits well into busy lifestyles and limited budgets.
Why Choose Wellness Coaching
Change is possible through coaching! Many of us need help when adopting new habits. The challenge is in the execution. To help close the gap between thinking about change and taking action, I can provide personalized support to help you design a plan that fits your needs and your lifestyle in order to:
- manage your weight
- quit smoking
- healthier food choices
- adopt or adapt an exercise plan
- reduce your stress
Wellness coaching can make a difference even if other approaches haven’t. During your initial individual phone session, we will assess your readiness for change and define what success looks like to you. We will also talk about your environment and what kind of support you may need from friends and family. During follow-up phone sessions, I’ll offer support and guidance as you work to find your motivation, partner with others to gain support, and figure out how to be your healthiest self.
Benefits of wellness coaching:
- Convenient: Make the call from your home or any location that works for you.
- Hassle free: Call from wherever you are.
- Flexible: Phone appointments are based on your schedule.
- Non-judgmental: Coaches accept and acknowledge where you are now.
- Tailored: Sessions are based on your readiness to make a change.
Unsure if you are ready?
Most of us have tried to make changes before. Changing behavior is challenging. Wellness coaching is a perfect way to explore your reasons for changing while addressing previous obstacles. You’ll work to strengthen your commitment, tap into your motivation, and move toward change.
Readiness to change:
When it comes to change, most of us find some reasons we want to change as well as some reasons to keep things as they are. My training is in helping you identify your readiness, find your motivation, and overcome obstacles that are getting in your way. I can offer support and help you find your motivation to move forward where you are today by:
- Exploring your ambivalence and work toward becoming ready
- Raise awareness and encourage next steps
- Strengthen commitment, develop an action plan, and identify key supporters and resources
Scheduling: Contact Carol to schedule your appointment.
- Appointments are typically 15 – 60 minutes
- Scheduling in small groups is an option
- Weekly or Bi-weekly appointments ensure momentum, enthusiasm, and support
“I found the experience enjoyable much more so than I would’ve anticipated. My expectations were that I might be faced with realities of how poor some of my habits were and disappointment in myself on those aspects but it wasn’t like that at all. My experience was very nonthreatening, guilt free, in a very positive experience. Carol had some great strategies that weren’t painful like I might’ve expected and were actually quite enjoyable to implement.” Client Sarah P