Carol Schwarzkopf is a Mayo Clinic Certified Health and Wellness Coach and a nationally recognized ballet instructor. She continues to teach ballet and is completing her Polestar Pilates training with Pilates MN in Wayzata, MN.
Carol’s past teaching includes professional dance companies and schools, private studios, public and private K-12 education, as well as colleges and university students. She holds a degree from the acclaimed University of Utah where she earned a BFA in ballet performance, graduating with honors. Her professional coaching, teaching, study, and performance endeavors have taken her all over the world. She has studied and performed throughout the US with companies such as San Francisco Ballet, Ballet of the Americas, Ballet West, Pioneer Theatre Company, Repertory Dance Theatre, Minnesota Dance Theatre, The Minnesota Opera, Isvorasul Romanian Dance Company, among others.
Carol’s challenging ballet classes incorporate her study with some of the finest masters of our time in a contemporary mix that builds strength, allows flexibility, and enables artistic and spiritual freedom. She has authored curriculum for several secondary and post-secondary institutions as well as courses for studio dancers. Her teaching is influenced by ongoing studies of anatomy, movement kinesiology, and injury prevention following pioneers such as Sally Fitt, Karen Clippenger, Lisa Howell, and Tom Meyer. She continues to explore for herself the human potential movement as a credentialed yoga instructor (RYT 200) even as she endeavors to pass along the rich tradition of classical and contemporary dance to tomorrow’s young artists. She wishes to acknowledge the many great masters who’ve graced her life with their wisdom.
- my first teacher, the great German ballerina Ingeborg Heuser
- the Christiansen brothers William, Harold, and Lew
- the great Danish ballerina Toni Lander
- the many world-class instructors and opportunities at the University of Utah ballet and modern departments
- Mr Frank Boumann
- the lovely and talented Bonnie Mathis
- White Lotus Yoga – Santa Barbara, CA
- the world renowned Mayo Clinic http://www.mayoclinic.org/
- my many students who’ve taught me so much about myself and the art of teaching